A few days ago Kat explained what a therapy dog was. Today she told me why she wants to partner with me in a therapy dog ministry.
She told me lots of reasons, and they are all good!
1. Kat loves dogs. From her first beloved childhood dog, Teensie,
to her first dog as a married person, Tilly,
to all the affectionate Brittany Spaniels she’s had,
as well as dogs she has known and met along the way,
Kat loves dogs.
2. Kat loves people. Kat loves God and she told me Christ’s love compels her to love people. She said with God’s love inside us we can even love people who some may say are unlovable.
3. Kat and her family have been personally and positively impacted by therapy dogs!
4. Kat wants to serve people and bring joy into their lives (with my help!) Several of the places we might be able to go in our therapy dog ministry are the types of places Kat has worked and has a heart for. Her first job was in a hospital, she’s worked in and loves libraries, she has been a substitute teacher in schools, and she is currently involved in a nursing home ministry!
5. Kat homeschooled her two daughters
and when they left home for college she struggled some with her purpose in life. She told me, sadly, she made some poor choices along the way which grieved God and hurt people she loved, and took her focus off the Lord and doing His good work. She said having me and training me to be a therapy dog is good therapy for HER, and gives her purpose and honors God!
6. Kat loves God and she said God has shown much grace and mercy in her life. Above all she wants to honor and glorify God, shine the light of Christ, and let the joy and peace found in Jesus be made known. She said doing therapy dog ministry will be a way we both can meet people and love them like Jesus loves! Kat told me that even though I’m a dog I can praise God, too. She said the Bible says, “Let everything that breathes praise the Lord. Hallelujah!” Ps 150:6. Isn’t that neat!! Just by breathing and doing my doggie things I am praising God. I like that! God must love me, too!